Another Halloween kimono I wore to a street parade and at work. I based this one on a very old arcade game called Galaga (most favorite to play when I was a child). I absolutely adore the final product but not many people seem to know what to think of it in and out of cosplay circles. Whatever.
Making Pains :
- Hand painted the logo to both sides of the left sleeve
- Created vector (Illustrator) versions of all ships, achievement badges and key words like HISCORE, 1UP and 2UP
- Printed designs on interface transfers
- Iron interface transfer designs to fabric
- Cut out all ships and attached to fabric
- hand painted gun fire
- laminated in 7mm pouches for ships depicting getting captured (which is the best part of the game). Cut out. Attached rings and then attached earring hoop. Perfect really
Learning Pains :
- Jammed a copier because the setting wasn’t right for transfers and melted the plastic within the machine. I will, for now on, PAY someone to make the transfers which good luck finding someone.
- Iron on 2-sided transfers does not stick to polyester fabric (main kimono). Had to seal the ships with black puff paint. Worked well.
- Too many friggin ships, over 40.